9. Recovering Holistically from Birth with Osteopath Leslie Abraham
Leslie Abraham is a French osteopath DO specializing in pregnancy, postpartum, and newborn care, with over 10 years of international experience, a published author, a prenatal and postpartum certified personal trainer, a certified health coach, and the founder of Bonjour Baby.
Since 2008, Leslie has been working in the pre and postnatal field. Her passion for pregnancy and postpartum began when she was still studying at the french Superior Institute of Osteopathy in Aix en Provence, one of the best Osteopathic schools in Europe. At this time, she spent countless hours researching, testing, and applying different techniques, methods, and exercises. Once graduated, she started to take care of women to facilitate their birth experience and help them recover faster, with less pain and struggle.
Fast forward to a few years later, she moved to the US in 2016. This is when it struck her. The differences between prenatal and postnatal care in Europe and the US are huge. France is one of the leading countries for birth prep and postnatal recovery.
So, she went back to her books, combining everything that she knew on osteopathic treatment, pre, and postnatal personal training, and nutrition coaching. She combined evidence-based techniques and exercises she learned with American and French pre and postnatal experts and doctors, as well as her own methodology.
Clients were starting to come in and see *real* results like shortened labor time, steady blood sugar levels, stronger bodies, faster recovery, improved c-section healing, and overall well-being.
In this episode:
- How healing from pregnancy is much more than just birth. It is all about healing everything about your body - nutrition, sleep, hydration, movement, and all of the body needs to be taken into account.
- The truth behind why most of the time women do not fully heal from pregnancy.
- The pillars that Dr. Leslie walks her clients through while healing.
- Protecting the pelvic floor when working out.
- Nutrition coaching for better postpartum health.
- Supporting hormone health.
- Using meditation as a tool to mentally heal from pregnancy.
- The importance of making a birth and postpartum recovery plan.
“Recovery is never just one thing.”
“We may blame the ‘mommy brain’ but it is so much more than that.”
“After birth we have constant stress, self doubt, and that can make healing very hard.”
“Put yourself back in the center of your life as a new mom.”
“Have a postpartum recovery plan. Be prepared.”
Connect with Leslie:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/724317574831792
Connect with me:
Subscribe and connect with me https://regenerating.health
Schedule a Consult Call: https://www.regenerating.health/book-an-appointment-2