5. Career Development, Education Planning and Tips for Parents to Have Effective Career Conversations with Teens with Devon Turcotte, owner of Careerified
Devon Turcotte (she/her) is a career professional and the owner of careerified, which focuses on helping GenZ gain career clarity so that they can build meaningful careers and leave their mark on the world. Devon has worked in career education and career development for over 15 years and her draw to the career development field is rooted in the connection between mental health and youth career decisions. She is a fierce advocate for lifelong learning and believes that there is always an alternate route to success.
When you think about holistic, you typically think about medicine, but you don’t always think about this whole body approach of supporting your children through their lives, even into their careers. In my opinion, holistic care is about the whole person, and that includes careers.
In this episode:
- How students can have career clarity at a younger age by helping students and parents understand how careers actually unfold.
- Asking your teens about what they care about, and what values have
- How to have a holistic view on career paths
- The importance of lifelong learning
“Using your biggest character strengths in the workplace leads to higher job satisfaction”
“You don’t stop being a person while you are at work, and you don’t stop thinking about work when you are at home.”
“Failure is an event, not a personality trait.”
“You are not a failure, but you can have failures”
“Passion is something you feel, not something you find.”
Connect with Devon:
Connect with me:
Subscribe and connect with me https://regenerating.health
Schedule a Consult Call: https://www.regenerating.health/book-an-appointment-2