3. Raising Resilience: The Impact of Nutrition in Children with Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, Jess Sherman
Jess Sherman is a family health educator specializing in helping busy parents find natural strategies that improve mood, learning, and stress tolerance in their kids. Along with being a certified teacher, Jess is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, Board Certified in Practical Holistic Nutrition, and is the author of RaisingResilience: take the stress out of feeding your family and love your life. Her book and online resources have reached families all over the world, helping them improve the lives of children with learning differences, anxiety, ADHD, and mood disorders.
In this episode:
- How nutrition plays a key role in resilience within children.
- The top 5 offenders that get in the way of our children's nutrition.
- Three categories of therapeutic considerations for your child when they are struggling
- The skills you need to help your child, without feeling defeated
- “I preface everything I do with knowing the body wants to be resilient”
- “Before we start talking about irritation, our nutrition building blocks have to be in place”
- When we understand our kids, we can help them. When we don't understand our kids, we just get triggered by them.”
- “You can't trust your gut when it's feeding parasites craving sugar and yeast.”
- “Get off of Dr. Google!” - Dr. Piper Gibson
Connect with Jess:
Jess’s Book: RaisingResilience.ca
Connect with me:
Subscribe and connect with me https://regenerating.health
Schedule a Consult Call: https://www.regenerating.health/book-an-appointment-2